In the days of 27th till 29th of June INO-HUB Energy j.s.a. members of the R&D team attended the IFBF meeting in Prague, Czech republic. During the meeting important topics about energy storage, flow batteries and sustainability, markets, manufacturing, and deployment were discussed by experts from different companies and institutions.
- Evaluation of thermal and chemical stability for new vanadium electrolytes.
- Scope of different electrodes for RFB (carbon paper, carbon cloth and modified electrodes).
- Development of new polymeric membranes for vanadium and organic flow batteries.
- Optimization of the stack design leading into a reduction of pumping losses of VRFB by using interdigitated channels.
- New strategies such as using organic electrolyte via cost-effective electrosynthesis to replace vanadium electrolyte were shown from Quino Energy.
- Hybrid RFB coupling a standard RFB with a fuel cell and/or electrolyzers.
- Techno-economic analysis for different redox flow batteries (organic, vanadium, hybrid, Fe/Cr, all iron).
- Demonstration of MWh scale Fe-Cr battery with mixed electrolyte.
The conference was a confluence point where our team met different suppliers, competitors and plausible new collaborators.
This work was supported by the project: IPCEI_IE_FLOW_BESS_012021